As the playoffs near, it’s easy to see how excited hockey fans on tumblr become in cheering for their favorite teams. Sometimes, this excitement spirals out of control though, and it leaves people feeling hurt and negative and like total crap. That’s where we come in!
Inspired by the mantra of Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson, Project “Be Kind to Yourself” is aimed to highlight that despite our differences, we the hockey fanbase are a family and when it matters, we stand by each other.
To help spread positivity, we’re asking you to submit a story telling us how hockey helped you be kind to yourself. It doesn’t need to be life changing, or the stuff of novels! It can be as simple as “It saved me from dying of boredom because tv shows aren’t my thing” and you can send in your story in two ways:
We will be accepting stories until May 20th, 2014,so make sure you get your stories in by then! After all entries have been submitted we’ll be compiling them into a neat little book which will then be able for viewing online. The rules are:
- By sending it in through the submit box, or
- Sending it in an ask, if it’s short enough.
Check back on this blog for updates, and spread the word, not only to your tumblr friends, but to all hockey fans you know, lets spread the positivity :)
- no swearing, slurs, or demeaning language
- no negative mentions of teams or players, we’re trying to spread positivity!
- anonymous entries are accepted
- please be legible in your stories, acronyms are ok, as long as we can decode them!
- it’s ok to mention specific players or teams
- get your stories in before the mentioned deadline.